06 June 2005

The Hills are Alive!

Since it is my last day at Solscape, Laura and I decide to walk down the track at the back of the property, towards the mountain.
Neither of us has been further than the abandoned cabin before, even though between us we've spent over 6 months here...

It's like we've stepped through a wardrobe and ended up in LaLa wonderland. We trek through thick vegetation and forest, climb slippy riverbanks, step over sheep skulls and dead possums, wade through a frantically bubbling stream, climb a stile and then we come to a clearing...
There are rolling hills as far as the eye can see!
I get the soundtrack to the 'Sound of Music' in my head and run and skip my way through the fields.
The rain stops and the Sun shines brightly in a bright blue sky.
"I can't believe we've never been here before"
It is so nice.
We walk towards Karioi's chin before getting too frightened of the staring cows and turning home.
'Nah, don't think I can leave this place, too much I have yet to see...'

No comments: