05 July 2005

Memory test # 1

Ok.
Trip to Australia, Part one.
After the intensely frightening journey up to Auckland minus windscreen-wipers, and three evenings spent listening to the cat calls and shrieks of the local transvestite population of the 'K" Road, the prospect of 3 lazy weeks in the sunshine state of Queensland was tempting indeed.
I landed in the afternoon and was met by big sis after an hour of 'random' searches, interrogation and light bodily frisking- getting quite used to this now, it's actually got to the point where i'll start feeling a little uneasy if they don't immediately pull me out of line...
Anyway, I'd arrived and it was nice and warm after the antartic winds of NZ.
Trish took me 'round to meet her friend Kev. He was hungover, and looked it. Little did I know this fella would become my arch nemesis/banter-partner over the next few poker evenings...
Erm, first week is a bit of a blur.
I managed to damage the Posterior cruciate ligament in my knee by sitting down too suddenly, (or perhaps not suddenly enough), on Trish's toilet.
Kind of pathetic when you think of all the hill-running, surfing, netball, swimming and everything else i've been putting them through.
toilet 1, me 0.
Trish put me through my paces at her gym- mainly uper body strength due to toilet injury.
Then i went to the Indigenous arts fest (see separate blog...)
And soon enough it was time for my holiday within a holiday to the Whitsunday Islands...

No comments: