08 August 2005

Another ace weekend...

I met a Silver Fern!

(Netballing equivalent to an All Black...)

Soooooooo exciting...

I've been working for the Scottwood Trust for the past week and they support Netball Waikato, which is my regional netball organisation. One of the ladies who works for the Waikato Netball trust is called Monica and she spends every Saturday at the same netball park that my team competes at...
Long story short, I popped over to say helloooo to Monica and she simply said, 'Oh, have you met Leanna, Sally?'
'Erm, no I don't think so'
I shake hands with the very very tall lady (towering at least 3-4 inches above me, and i'm six foot and a bit)
It begins to dawn on me that this is Leanna Du Plooy, the person whose 2003 World Champions kit we have framed in the office...
'Course I played it cool, well, managed not to say anything too odd, before running off to tell my team mates.
And then we won our match, Yay!

No comments: