Hey up folks,
sorry it's been so long since the last instalment...
Now that I have my very own laptop, courtesy of big bruv, I should be able to keep more up to date with this thing...
Anyhoo, here's what I've been up to-
I'm in training for a half-marathon at the moment, I decided to do it because my friend Laura has done a whole one and i'm a competitive soul. I also thought I'd do my bit for Charidee at the same time and so I'm running for KASM- Kiwis Against Seabed Mining. A Raglan based campaign group- Foreign companies are interested in mining off the coast of West NZ for minerals in the sand, alas this will have devestating effects upon the surf breaks, beaches, coastline, harbours, the near-extinct Maui dolphin and just about everyone living here due to trucks/ships etc. I'm getting sponsored per KM (22 in total) and there's a prize for the person who correctly guesses my finish time... bearing in mind that i've never run this far before...
Anyway, the dudes from KASM got in touch last week about the possibility of me speaking about the run on the radio. Choice.
I've been harbouring a secret desire to appear on Raglan Radio since I found out about the local station. So, at 7 am this morning I walked over to the Ambulance station as arranged.
Upstairs, in a small training room with disembodied manequin parts strewn about it, I found two very professional looking DJs and an assortment of KASM people.
It wasn't for Raglan FM at all.
It was Classic Hits, a famous radio station which is broadcast all over NZ.
The female DJ happened to be Jenny May Coffin, better known by me as being a Silver Fern Netball player... How cool?
So there I was, chatting away to my netball icon about Raglan and the run and KASM, being beamed across the nation as they drove to work. Ace.
I then hitched into town with a dude from Raglan and had a nice conversation as we walked from Dinsdale into Hamilton. The sun shining, birds singing and me feeling like I was wagging work to appear on National radio and loving it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment