Well, long story short, I've been sacked.
Fired.
Given the old heave ho.
Hasta la vista, baby.
After a long day spent in the dank filing cupboards that have, sorry had, become my home for 371/2 hrs a week, I said cheerio to my colleagues as normal, only to receive a call at 8.30 pm from Carmel, my agency recruiter person, to tell me the bizarre news...
"you been fired."
Oh.
"Why?"
(And here's the really hillarious part...)
"you've got a bad attitude."
I couldn't get one of those if i tried.
I'm cursed by my hard work ethic of many years standing- even if the job is crap, and it usually is, I do the best I can and try to enjoy it.
It is officially the lamest excuse ever.
I'm popping back to the office tommorrow to ask for the real reason and to tell my manager how truly pathetic, ineffectual, back-stabbing and cowardly she is.
She got someone else to do the dirty work, gave a false reason why, said a cheery goodbye and 'see ya later' as I left work yesterday afternoon knowing what she was about to do.
I didn't go today because I am that angry that I thought i might cry with frustration in front of the old crone, best leave it 'til tommorrow when i can systematically wipe the floor with her using my normally hidden talent for eloquent verbal slaying.
Keep you posted, i guess...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment