25 May 2005

Later that day…

As I head over to clean the Summer House, I begin to suspect that someone might be having a laugh at my expense. The grass is covered in poop. Not human this time, but doggy. Fantastic.
As I’m bent over picking up the last of Fidoe’s deposits, I wave a cheery goodbye to the three Irish fellas who have been staying. I decide to be friendly even if they did make a lot of noise last night and were rude to me when I told them to be quiet.
I’m en route to cottage number two when Suzanne calls to me from the office,
“Those Irish guys have left without paying!”
My tension levels are beginning to rise. I saw those thieving so-and-so’s just five minutes ago and they were nice as pie. Aghhhhhhh, I hate it when that happens.
But then I have an idea…
Raglan is a small town. There is only one place where you can get coffee and a fry-up…Aqua Velvet. And it just so happens that Solscape resident, Laura, works there.
I tell Suzanne that she should probably give Laura a call and see if the outlaws are eating at Aqua V.
“They’re standing right in front of me.” Laura reports.
Ace.
Laura gives them a lecture about Raglan being too small a place to pull these kinds of stunts and that if they ever want to come back here they should settle the bill right now.
Sure enough those good-for-nothing hung-over hoodlums cough up.
Detective Sal returns to her toilet bowl cleaning, whistling a familiar tune, “Instant Karma’s gonna get you…”

No comments: